If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them. When it comes to replacing missing teeth, implant-supported dentures are one of the best options, allowing you to retain a more natural biting and chewing capacity. For patients with an uncomfortable or loose-fitting denture, stabilizing it with implants can be a more comfortable and functional solution.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF IMPLANTS SUPPORTED DENTURES?
● You’ll never have to worry about your false teeth slipping or falling out while you eat or during a conversation.
● There is less irritation of the gum tissue, unlike traditional denture patients who often suffer from pain and canker sores.
● Implant-supported dentures look more natural than traditional dentures because less plastic is needed for retention.
● Implant-supported full bridges and dentures will replace some of your tooth roots, your bone is better preserved and helps your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss. With traditional dentures, the bone that previously surrounded the tooth roots begins to resorb
(deteriorate) leading to recession of the jawbone and a collapsed, unattractive smile.
● Patients with traditional dentures have difficulty speaking clearly. Slurred speech and clicking noises are common problems. Implant-supported dentures can help you relax and talk easily with a more clear and natural voice.
● There is no need to use denture adhesives with implant-supported dentures.
● In the long term, implants can be more esthetic and easier to maintain than traditional dentures.