Power cleaning is performed using an advanced instrument, specially designed to remove simple tooth staining caused by tea, coffee, red wine and smoking . It is an advanced version of scaling and polish treatment giving you an overall really effective good clean, leaving you with clean, healthy teeth and gums in less amount of time.
Power cleaning is recommended for people with dental implants or prosthetic works, for heavy coffee consumers or for consumers of certain foods that may produce colour changes of the enamel, including smokers, as well as for people who want to improve their aesthetic appearance.
It is advised over regular dental scaling for stain removal as the procedure is very effective in removing stains even from the most difficult accessible area and does not cause any discomfort to the patient.
The procedure of power cleaning involves shooting a high pressured blast of water, bicarbonate powder, and air through a small nozzle onto the surfaces of the patient’s teeth and has been proven to be an effective tool at removing stains and plaque without any discomfort.
● Removal of stains due to smoking and consumption of certain foods without
affecting the gums or the enamel of the tooth.
● Removal of dental plaque, food debris from difficult to reach areas of the oral
● Reduced dental sensitivity.
● Reducing the risk of irregularities or cracks on the enamel surface.
● Can be safely used in the presence of dental implants and other prosthetic works
● Does not cause any noise or vibration sensation.
● Helps maintain gum health and keep periodontal diseases away.
It is recommended at least two visits a year to the dental clinic for professional
prophylactic treatments including scaling, polishing and power scaling treatment. It is
recommended to be performed regularly, once every six months, or once every four
months for patients with dental implants or gingival or periodontal disorders. Age, eating
habits, as well as oral hygiene practices can also influence the frequency of scaling prophylactic treatment for one person.
Visit us today for your power scaling appointment!