id=”article-body” class=”row ” section=”article-body” data-component=”trackCWV”>
has a bulging library of TV shows. Because , it can be tough to find the best of the bunch. No need to worry. We’ve done the hard work for you.
You’ll find highlights of new content below, as well as CNET’s full list of best TV originals on Netflix.
What’s new this week (Aug. 15 to 21)
Check out this week’s highlights.
- High Heat (Season 1): Drama.
When clues to his brother’s murder lead Poncho to a fire brigade, he joins it to investigate further and finds romance, family… and a serial killer.
- Unsuspicious (Season 1): Mystery. Conned by the same playboy, BBC World News Today three women and their families go to his mansion to get answers — and must stay for an investigation when he’s found dead.
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (Season 3): Cartoon. Mighty teen Adam and his heroic squad of misfits discover the legendary power of Grayskull — and their destiny to defend Eternia from sinister Skeletor.
- Echoes (Limited Series): Thriller.
Identical twins Leni and Gina have secretly switched places for years. But when one sister disappears, both of their lives start to fall apart.
- Kleo (Season 1): German thriller. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, a former East German spy resolves to find out who betrayed her and why — and use her lethal skills to exact revenge.
- The Girl in the Mirror (Season 1): Spanish teen drama. After losing her memory in a bizarre accident that kills most of her classmates, Alma tries to unravel what happened that day — and regain her identity.
Best Netflix original TV shows
At the time of writing, these TV shows all scored at least 70 on Metacritic.
Archive 81 (2022)
Enjoy sci-fi series that play with two timelines?Have a special spot for cults and mysteries? Meet Archive 81. The multiple genre-straddling show stars Mamoudou Athie as Dan Turner, an archivist who takes a gig restoring a collection of damaged videotapes from the ’90s. He gets far more than he bargained for, drawn into an investigation of a mysterious cult and a young woman who may or may not be dead. A supernatural thriller with horror, mystery, noir and sci-fi seeped into its creepy atmosphere, Archive 81 has it all.
Germany’s answer to Stranger Things deliberately takes its time before stepping into completely compelling and original places.A sci-fi noir, Dark folds time travel, conspiracies and estranged families into a generation-spanning story kicked off by a child’s disappearance. If those kinds of meticulously-crafted layers are what you’re after in your storytelling, settle in. All three seasons of Dark’s meditative look at time travel and its effect on human nature are waiting to hit you at full force.